Grab Holdings Inc, its subsidiaries, associates, affiliates or related companies (“Grab”, “We”, “Us”, “Our”) are committed to protecting and respecting Your privacy. This Recruitment Data Privacy Notice (“Privacy Notice”), together with any other documents referred to herein, sets out the basis on which the Personal Data collected from You, or that You provide to Us, will be processed by Us to support Our recruiting processes. Please read the following carefully to understand Our views and practices regarding Your Personal Data and how We will treat it.
This Privacy Notice applies to prospective job applicants, Our job applicants, and other persons, involved in our recruitment processes (collectively “You”, “Your”).
“Personal Data” / “Personal Information” is any information which can be used to identify You or from which You are identifiable. This includes but is not limited to Your name, home address, email address, phone number, work history, educational history, current salary and test results.
Sensitive personal data, a subset of Personal Data, including ethnicity, health, trade union membership, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation, as well as other categories as prescribed by law. We do not seek to obtain and will not collect such data about a job applicant as part of a recruitment process unless We are required to do so by applicable laws.
Grab is a Data Controller, so are Our Third Party Service Providers
In respect of any prospective job applicants, job applicants and the processing of their Personal Data, Grab acts as the data controller.
Due to the way talent acquisition at Grab operates, We do not process any Personal Data for and on behalf of any Third Party Service Provider that we collaborate with for the purpose of enhancing our recruitment process. Third-Party Service Providers may include recruitment software platforms (“Applicant Tracking System”), software platforms designed to search for prospective job applicants, assess Your skills, conduct recruitment marketing activities, send out surveys, schedule interviews, conduct background screening activities, post jobs and receive applicants or other activities that may enhance our recruitment process.
Accordingly, Grab is not a data processor of such Third Party Service Providers, but an independent data controller in respect of all Personal Data that it processes in the course of conducting recruitment activities. Likewise, the Third Party Service Provider is an independent data controller of the Personal Data that it discloses to and/or receives from Grab. In the rare circumstances where the Third Party Service Providers are acting as data processors of Grab, the Third Party Service Providers are only entitled to process Your Personal Data in accordance with Our instructions.
If You apply to a job opening posted by Us, these Privacy Notice conditions will apply to Our processing of Personal Data.
If You apply for a job opening via a Third Party Service Provider, You should be aware that the Third Party Service Provider may retain your Personal Data and may also collect data from Us regarding the progress of Your job application. Any use by the Third Party Service Provider of your data will be in accordance with the Third Party Service Provider’s privacy notice.
Information Collected by Us
We collect and process some or all of the following types of information from You:
- Information that You provide when You apply for a job opening. This can include information provided through Our Career Site, external job portals, via email, in person at interviews and/or events, and/or any other method.
- Personal details such as name, email address, home address, phone number, date of birth, educational certificates, information relating to Your employment history, skills and experience as provided to Us.
- Communication records, if You contact Us.
- a record of Your progress throughout any recruitment process that We conduct.
- A record of your assessment results, if You complete any skills assessment, provided via Us and/or a Third Party Service Provider.
- Details of Your visits to Our Career Site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, web blogs and other communication data, the site that referred You to Grab’s Career Site and the resources that You access.
- Background screening results. If You accept a job offer from Grab, You are required to undergo a background screening, referring to the process of compiling and investigating Your employment history, criminal records, commercial records, and financial records, that is conducted by a Third Party Service Provider.
Information Collected from Other Sources
Third-Party Service Providers may provide Us with the ability to link the data that You provide to Us, with other publicly available information about You that You have published on the internet, including, for example, LinkedIn and other social media profiles.
We may receive Your Personal Data from our employees or a Third Party Service Provider who recommends You as an applicant for a specific job opening.
Our legitimate interest for Us collecting and using Your Personal Data is the recruitment of staff for Our organization.
As part of the recruitment process, Your data may be accessible by Our staff in South-East Asia, the United States, India, Greater China and other countries where Grab has operations.
If You apply for a job opening, either via Our Career Site or through a Third Party Service Provider, such as an external job portal, We rely on Your consent provided by means of applying to the job posting, to disclose Your Personal Data to the Third Party Service Provider on the basis described below.
Purpose of Processing
We use information about You in the following ways:
- To consider Your application in respect of a job opening for which You have applied.
- To consider Your application in respect of other job openings.
- To communicate with You in respect of the recruitment process.
- To enhance any information that we receive from You with information obtained from Third Party Service Providers.
- To help Third Party Service Providers improve their services.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may provide Your information to Third Party Service Providers and cloud service provider(s), who use Your information only in accordance with our instructions. When You have applied for a job opening, We may disclose certain Personal Data We hold to our Third Party Service Providers, including but not limited to a unique identifier used by our Applicant Tracking System to identify You, and information about Your progress throughout our recruitment process for the job opening, as well as Your name, contact details and other information relating to You as a job applicant. The Third-Party Service Provider shall be the data controller of this data and is responsible for complying with all applicable regulations in respect of the use of that data following its transfer by Us.
We take measures to ensure Your Personal Data is stored securely. This includes measures to prevent data from getting lost or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to Your Personal Data to recruitment staff on a need to know basis. Those processing Your Personal Data will only do so in an authorised manner and are required to treat Your information with confidentiality.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected data security breaches. We will notify You and any applicable regulator of a suspected data security breach where We are legally required to do so.
Nevertheless, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee the security of Your data transmitted through any online means, therefore, any transmission remains at Your own risk.
Where we store Your Personal Data in Our own systems, it is stored in Singapore.
A Data Processor Agreement (“DPA”) has been signed between Us and data processors. Such DPA are designed to help safeguard Your privacy rights and give You remedies in the unlikely event of misuse of Your Personal Data.
If You would like further information, please contact Us (see ‘Contact Details’ below). We will not otherwise transfer Your Personal Data outside of the countries as listed in the DPA or to any organisation or subordinate organizations), save where required by law to do so.
Generally, We will hold Your Personal Data for twenty-four (24) months. We may hold Your Personal Data for a longer duration if one or more of the following applies:
- You are an active job applicant for one or multiple of Our job opening(s);
- You have been actively engaged by Our staff through correspondence, recruitment marketing efforts, or other recruitment-related activities in the last twelve (12) months;
- You have requested for Your data to be retained after having been notified that Your data will be deleted after twenty-four (24) months of no recruitment activity or correspondence;
- You have requested to be part of Our Talent Community;
- You have completed Background Screening and/or have been offered a job by Us at any point.
Your Personal Information will be deleted (“purged”) if one of the following applies:
- You (or by another person formally engaged by You) submit a request through Workday (“Applicant Tracking System”) to delete Your Personal Data by logging in with your account (‘Candidate Home Account’) (see the availability of the option to request to “Delete My Information”); or
- We received a written request to do so by You (or by another person formally engaged by You).
Depending on the country in which You are based, You have a number of rights free of charge. For further information on each of those rights, including circumstances in which they apply, refer to the information privacy law or data protection law adopted by Your country or region. You have the right to request for access or correction to be made to the Personal Data submitted; or for Us to limit or cease processing Your Personal Data. Submission of Your Personal Data to Us is voluntary. However, We may not be able to process Your application if You fail to provide the requisite Personal Data accurately.
If You would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- contact Us using Our Contact Details below,
- provide Us with enough information to identify You,
- provide Us with proof of Your identity and address, and
- let Us know the information to which Your request relates.
Grab shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Privacy Notice at any time by placing the updated Privacy Notice on Our Career Site. By continuing to engage with Our recruitment staff or applying to Our job openings, You signify Your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to Our Data Privacy Officer at:
Grab Data Protection Officer
c/o Grab Holdings Inc.
6 Shenton Way
#38-01 OUE Downtown
The original of this Privacy Notice is written in the English language. In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail.